What we collect
We may collect and process following categories of data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you provide to us on our site (e.g. when making purchases, subscribing to our marketing material, reporting a problem, writing a review, sending us correspondence or any details you provide when registering to use our site). This information include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, financial and credit card information, order details and other information that you provide us with.
Information we collect about you
We collect details of transactions you carry out through our site. Please note that our side does not collect or process any credit card information this is done by secure payment gateway provider called Braintree who will process credit card payments on our behalf.
Information we receive from other sources.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To process purchases, refunds, exchanges and other transactions.
• To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To analyse for fraud protection and credit risk.
• To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
• To keep our site safe and secure.
• To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
Social Media platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested to do so.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than two years.
Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
• Installing a secure firewall;
• Using anti-virus protection software;
• Encrypting data; and
• Carrying out regular back-ups.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
In order to fulfil your order, process your payment details and to provide you with services, we may share your personal information with our trusted services providers including but not limited to payment gateway provider, delivery partners, analytics & search engine providers and credit reference agencies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
How you can block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
• The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
• The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
• The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
• The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent);
• The right to restrict the use of your information;
• The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
• The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
• The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Dawn Direct Ltd
Brownsburn Industrial Estate