HypaCool Standard Instant Cold Pack 23cm x 14cm (pack 12)
The HypaCool Instant Cold Pack is designed to provide instant cold therapy treatment for a range of injuries, including sprains and strains, during the acute stages of injury when it is most required and without the need for a freezer or ice box.
Chemically- activated instant ice packs are ideal for use in sports such as football, rugby and hockey matches where pitches may be located away from a fully stocked first aid room, in the workplace, or when hiking, cycling, climbing etc.
As part of RICE treatment for muscle and joint sprains and strains, cold therapy is used in the first stage of an injury to slow down the blood flowing into an injured area, reducing pain and swelling.
They are a fast, easy and mess free way to provide emergency cold therapy. Activate the pack by squeezing and shaking to mix the contents. These single-use ice packs do not require a freezer or any kind of pre-cooling.
After use, simply dispose in ordinary household waste.
Do not apply directly to skin, use barrier to prevent frostbite (dressing, therapy sleeve etc).
How to use instant cold pack:
- 1. Locate inner pouch and squeeze firmly to rupture inner pouch and trigger reaction
- 2. Shake briefly to mix contents
- 3. Apply to injured area. Place therapy sleeve, dressing or similar barrier between skin and cold pack for protection against frostbite
- 4. Dispose of in household waste after use
- 5. Do not tear or puncture pack. If pack is ruptured, avoid contact with contents and dispose of
Further information included on back of packet.